1. Because everyone else is a songwriter, too. So they understand.
2. Because you don’t have to be a songwriter (or at least not yet!). Music-lovers of any level and style are welcome!
3. Because you get to share your songs with folks who want to hear them!
4. Because you’ll be inspired — by the beautiful nature, by your fellow campers, by the stars at night!
5. Because you’ll learn from fabulous songwriting and music instructors.
6. Because there’s always a guitar you can borrow. Keyboards, too, and probably a ukelele!
7. Because you’ll get away to what “real” life should be.
8. Because you might write a brand-new song!
9. Because you don’t have to write a brand-new song…you can just soak it all in.
10. Because you’ll make new songwriter friends.
11. Because you should always have more songwriting in your life…summer AND winter!
SummerSongs, founded by singer-songwriter Penny Nichols in 1999, offers seasonal songwriting camps (summer and winter) for adults on both the East and West coasts of the United States. These music-making workshops and retreats, with classes in songwriting, performance, guitar, piano, vocals, harmony and more take place on the beautiful California Central Coast, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and in New York’s famed Hudson Valley, just 30 miles north of New York City. Both locations are perfect havens for songwriting and creative inspiration.
SummerSongs West: June 3-7, Cambria, California
SummerSongs East: July 31-August 6, Stony Point, NY (half week and full-week options available)
Email Penny (pensongs@aol com) or Sharon (email@example.com)